Leading school communities with courage and character… As an innovative thinker and problem solver I have dedicated the past 21 years of my career to both education and international business. Several years into my education career I was exposed to the early childhood pedagogy developed within the Reggio Emilia approach. I have carried those core beliefs through my transition as a school leader. I strive to cultivate learning environments that facilitate opportunities for students to be leaders of their own learning and solve relevant problems in creative and innovative ways. I advocate for teacher empowerment and students’ right to learn “outside the box.”
I have worked my way through the AUS Leadership ladder since joining in 2014. I have served as the Elementary Assistant Principal, Principal and excited to be taking on the role of the Associate Directorship commencing the 2021-22 school year. I look forward to this new challenge and opportunity to lead our AUS-ome community in a broader context.
Scholar, mother of twins, wife, polyglot, traveller, biography enthusiast I was born in southern California and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. My family’s diverse backgrounds lit a spark and passion for languages, foreign policy, international education and social justice reform. I find joy and value in the unique stories of others. I look forward to getting to know more about your child and your family’s story too!
- Lead educator, designer, Administrator of an early childhood program inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach.
- Lead school as an Elementary Principal through a 10 year dual accreditation with Council of International schools and Middle States Association.
- Served as an Middle States Association accreditation team member.
- Guest Speaker for Graduate & PhD Candidate Program Field Experience - The Chicago School of Psychology (2020, 2021)
- Elementary Educator - Florida, U.S.A & Kuwait 2000-2010
- Assistant Principal & Head of Early Years Campus – Kuwait 2010-2014
- Assistant Principal for Elementary at AUS 2014-2016
- Principal for Elementary at AUS 2016-2021
- M.A.E.Ad. - K-12 Educational Administration, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Professional Teaching Certification, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- B.A. Political Science - International Political Economy, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Education License
- Pre-K - 6 Elementary Education
- K-12 Educational Administration