- Virtual Assessment
- Confidential Student Reference Form (CSR)
- Admission Decision & Completion of Registration
Applications to AUS are only available online. You will need to create an account so that you can login and submit the online application for admission. You will also be required to submit the following documents with the online application:
- Applicant’s passport
- If applying for Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten a report card is not required.
- If applying for 1st grade, the most recent report card is required.
- If applying for 2nd to 12th grade, the end of year report card for the previous academic year and the most recent report card are required.
The online application for admission will be reviewed once all documents are received.
You will be notified by email with the results of the application review. If the applicant meets the initial requirements, he/she will be invited to complete an assessment.
If the applicant is invited to complete an assessment, a non-refundable assessment fee of KWD 125* must be paid to receive an assessment date.
* This fee will not be applied towards tuition upon acceptance.
Virtual assessment for Elementary School (Pre-K to 5th Grade):
1. For Pre-K and K - we use a research based developmentally appropriate assessment that measures a child’s readiness in the following areas:
- Language Development, Cognitive Development, Physical Development, Reading Readiness (for five year-old only) and Social - Emotional Development.
This assessment will last approximately 1 hour.
2. For 1st and 2nd grade - A research - based individually administered academic assessment that measures: Reading, Writing and Math.
3. For 3rd to 5th grade - we use a research based electronic assessment called the Measurement of Academic Progress or (MAP). The MAP measures an applicant’s grade level equivalent in:
- Reading (all grade levels)
- Mathematics (all grade levels)
This assessment will last approximately 2 hours.
Virtual assessment for MS, & HS (6th to 12th Grade):
6th – 12th grade applicants will be administered a computer based assessment on mathematical concepts and reading. The MAP entrance assessment provides individual data of each students’ approximate grade level of achievement. In addition, students will partake in an interview screening, consisting of oral language, interpersonal skills and will culminate with a writing/essay of the entrance process. Students will be scored based on content, organization, and grammar usage.
This entire assessment will last approximately 2 - 3 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What virtual platform will I be using?
We will use Google Meetup to hold the virtual assessment session.
Do I need to have a gmail address?
No, you do not need to have a gmail address.
Can I use any type of email address to log in to the Google Meetup invitation?
No, you must use the same email address provided to the Registrar when you applied. That email address has been added to the meeting invitation. If you use a different email address, you will be unable to join the virtual meet up.
What kind of device can I use?
You can use a computer or laptop. You cannot use a tablet of any kind. The device can be Windows, Chromebook or MAC.
What browser must I use? Make sure you know what browser you are using because the Assessor cannot troubleshoot an issue if you do not know what browser you are using to access the internet.
You need to use one of the three browsers below:
Safari , Chrome or Firefox
Can I remain in the room with my son or daughter?
Applicants to Pre-K, K and 1st: Parents must remain in the room to support their child’s on task behavior and any needs requested by the Assessor.
Applicants to grade 3 and above should be able to work independently with the Assessor. We ask that no other adults be present in the room but still be available in the home for support if needed.
How can I support my son/daughter?
Pre-K - 2nd grade: Parents need to help students set up the testing session and stand by to support their child with any technical issues.
Pre-K, K and 1st grade: Parents need to support on task behavior (i.e. redirect their attention and emotional support).
All grades: Parents should not give answers or correct mistakes made by the applicant. Allow the assessor to build rapport and respond appropriately. If the Assessor needs your support, they will let you know. The Assessor reserves the right to end a test session if a parent does not refrain from spoiling the test results. In addition, this will result in a failed test score and we will not be able to offer a reassessment.
What materials do I need to participate in the virtual assessment?
The Registrar will send you a customized letter telling you what you need in order to participate in your virtual assessment. The needed materials will depend on the grade you are applying for. You can also locate this information on the school website at www.aus.edu.kw on the Join Us tab, click Admissions, and then Apply. There, you will find the grade appropriate tab.
Will a break be provided?
Applicants to Pre-K. K and 1st: The session is relatively short and should not require a break. Please have your child use the restroom before beginning the session.
Applicants to grade 2 and above: The Assessor is allowed to give a brief (2-3 minute) break between tests, if needed. Restroom breaks should be taken before or after the testing session. Multiple breaks in the middle of an assessment is NOT allowed. This will result in the assessment being stopped and rescheduled.
The application/admissions process requires the completion of the Confidential Student Reference form (CSR) (required only for 6th to 12th grade students). Provide this form to your child’s current school, the form must be completed and sent directly to AUS by the student’s current school via email or fax. The assessment result will not be issued until this document is received.
All students assessments will be reviewed by the Admission/Placement Committee, and an email notification of the Committee’s decision will be sent within 7 days. (If CSR received)
If accepted, you must return to the online application to complete the Registration Form and upload the additional required documents.
A deposit of KD 100 is to be paid within 3 days of completing the Registration Form to secure enrollment at AUS. If the deposit fee is not paid within 3 days the application will be withdrawn.
The following documents must be submitted to AUS before the first day of school:
- Final report card from current school.
- Transfer Certificate (if transferring from a school within Kuwait).
- Clearance Certificate (if transferring from a school within Kuwait).
- Medical Card
- Payment of tuition*
- Waiver Form for Arabic Foreign Language (AFL) class - If you are enrolling your child in AFL class & your child is registered with an Arab nationality, then a Waiver Form from the Ministry of Private Education is required.
*All student fees and charges are paid one week prior to their first day of school. Should a parent decide to participate in the Deferred Payment Plan, then the tuition fee must be paid in three installments by the specified due dates. The first installment must be paid prior to their first day of school.