Advanced Placement Program (AP)
American United School is committed to every student’s success.
TOTAL NUMBER of Students: 60
TOTAL NUMBER of Exams: 75
TOTAL Number of Exams with score of 3 or higher: 45 (60%)
The AUS Mission speaks to challenging academic growth for each and every student. The AUS AP Program is an excellent way for our students to prepare for the rigorous university programs that they will be attending after graduation. We believe access to rigorous course work such as AP plays an important role in our student’s future success.
The AP curriculum is considered the standard for academic excellence in the United States and is increasingly recognised as a quality university entrance qualification in Europe and the rest of the world. In addition AP courses offered at AUS are fully recognised in the United States and Canada, where approximately 3,000 colleges and universities take part in the program. The vast majority of universities that receive AP grades grant credit or advanced placement for successful examination results.
AUS Advanced Placement Courses
AP Calculus AB
AP Human Geography
AP English Literature and Composition
AP English Literature and Composition
AP US History
AP World History: Modern
In case you missed April 18’s Town Hall, here is a recording of the information about the 2021 Digital AP exams:
The presentation featured in the video is here:
Here is a reminder of the 4 readiness steps you must take to before your exam(s):
- Step 1: Download and Install the Digital Testing App. This has already been installed on your Chromebook, so all you need to do is log in using your MyAP credentials.
- Instructions on how to access the digital testing app on Chromebook:
- Website for downloading the app to your another personal device: https://download.app.collegeboard.org/
- Step 2: Practice sample questions with the Digital Testing App. This is a good way to get some exam practice AND test to ensure the your digital testing app is working properly. If your Chromebook is damaged or experiencing technical issues, please contact email@example.com and CC me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to describe your issue and possibly receive a new Chromebook if needed.
- Step 3: Complete Exam Setup. This must be completed 1-3 days before your exam date for each exam that you are taking. If you don’t do this at least a day in advance, you won’t be able to take your exam. See the exam calendar here:
- Step 4: Check in to the Exam. This must be completed 30 minutes before your exam time.
For more information about the format of each exam, you can ask your teacher, or consult this guide from the College Board: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-2021-exam-formats.pdf
Please be aware that exam payment invoices have now been posted to your AUS Online Payment portal… they are labeled “PSAT/AP Test” in the amount of 55 KWD. If you’re taking more than one AP course, you will notice separate invoices, each in the amount of 55 KWD. To ensure an AP exam is ordered for you, payment is due by October 22.
If you have questions about your finding your invoice or how to make a payment, please contact Ms. Haydee Dumlao, our Finance Clerk/Cashier at email@example.com. Please note that updates to invoices will be made weekly, so if you add or drop an AP, you may not notice a change in your payment portal right away.
Also, please remember to do the following if you haven’t already:
- Complete the AP course agreement form: https://forms.gle/zFvyVLCjwSJrd4tcA
- Register for each of your classes in MyAP Classroom (your AP teacher will give you a join code): https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Pay your exam fee by October 22: https://pay.auskuwait.com/online/Access.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fonline%2f
If you missed the AP Town Hall on October 15th, you can view it here: https://sites.google.com/aus.school/aushighschool/curriculum-academics/advanced-placement-ap?authuser=0